Tuesday, 22 July 2014

[GSS] Frequency Of Sex By Age And Marital Status


Using the GSS, I created two charts illustrating the frequency of sexual activity by respondent's age and marital status (for all respondents from 1972 to 2012). I recoded the variable for age for readability. I also created a chart for sexual frequency for all married respondents over time (by GSS year) - it's fairly stable. Finally, I created two charts for relationship status by frequency of sexual activity (flipping row and column for the second one - data are the same for the two charts).


Sex frequency by respondent's age - married:



Sex frequency by respondent's age - single:



Sex frequency by survey year - married:



Relationship status by sex frequency - single (i.e. unmarried):



Sex frequency by relationship status - single:


----

Questions:


Frequency of sex: About how often did you have sex during the last 12 months?

Relation to last sex partnerThe last time you had sex, was it with someone you were in an on-going relationship with, or was it with someone else? Remember that by "sex" we mean only vaginal, oral, or anal sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Comments will be received, but will not be published.