Friday, 21 November 2014
[GSS] Age At First Marriage By Political Views
Using the GSS, I created three charts detailing historical distribution of political views and age at first marriage for each (and all) category of political views. I restricted the age of respondents to 18-40.
The question for political views was:
67a. We hear a lot of talk these days about liberals and conservatives. I'm going to show you a seven-point scale on which the political views that people might hold are arranged from extremely liberal - point 1 - to extremely conservative - point 7. Where would you place yourself on this scale?
The scale is the following (I grouped 1-3 and 5-7 for legibility):
1 EXTREMELY LIBERAL
2 LIBERAL
3 SLIGHTLY LIBERAL
4 MODERATE
5 SLGHTLY CONSERVATIVE
6 CONSERVATIVE
7 EXTRMLY CONSERVATIVE
For age at first marriage:
4a. If ever married: How old were you when you first married?
Historical distribution of political views from 1974 to 2012:
The mean of age at first marriage by year for each group of political views (1986-2006):
Mean of age at first marriage by year for all groups (1986-2006):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments will be received, but will not be published.