Tuesday, 18 February 2014

[GSS] - Links Between Paternal Disengagement And Female Promiscuity


Expanding on a previous post of mine about paternal disengagement and female promiscuity.

Using the GSS I used the family composition of female respondents at 16 as a proxy for paternal disengagement. I used the number of sexual partners over the past five years as a proxy for lifetime sexual partners. I excluded respondents with more than 100 sexual partners in the past five years because there were too few respondents with that many partners to draw any real conclusions.


First chart is number of partners by all family compositions:



To make it clearer, I recoded family compositions based on the presence of parents:



For the third chart, I restricted responses to the years 2000-2012, and restricted the age of respondents to 18-28:


(NB: The right-most column in the final chart only has N=13, so the results are likely not completely accurate)


For the final chart, I restricted responses to the years 2000-2012, restricted the age of respondents to 18-38, and switched to number of male sexual partners since age 18:



No comments:

Post a Comment



Comments will be received, but will not be published.